Spark Plug Wires

O.K. ruminators:

On the way home, I want to pick up a set of decent plug wires.  I checked
Pep Boys at lunch, and they only have one kind that I'm not that fond of.
7MM silicone, but not real heavy duty. Pretty much stock, last one or two
years.

What's important to me is that they are long enough to go down the front
and around the valve covers in wire looms on both sides.  I don't like
wires draped across the intake or valve covers so that they are always in
the way when you go to do some work.  The second thing they need to be is
heat proof. Thirdly, I want them durable.  Cheap wires only last a year or
two.

Hofsteter has recommended the Jacobs wires.  I know that NAPA had
somebodies 8 MM silicone "truck wires" with a ceramic insulator that went
over the spark plugs and kept exhaust heat from burning the wires.  They
were $55 a set.

What do you digesters recommend?

Tom H.