RE: Update on the SOS

Tom wrote:

<great story removed re: low-lifes at the car wash>
Wonderful story Tom!

<another story removed re: teasing by non-IHers (damn them!)>

BTW, shouldn't we have someplace to save these gems?  We've all got stories
that describe the events that really "bind" us to these beasts.  Some folks
have real gems (Bill Mounteer are you out there?).  I've saved a few that
I've heard - but I would love to have someplace to see them saved.  I think
that they explain more about the love/hate relationship that we've got with
IH than all the specs, how-tos, etc.

> I hate that and am determined to fix it so it won't happen
> anymore.
>
> Any thoughts?

I'm no expert on waterproofing.

But

1.  Spark plug wires & distributor need to be sealed as well as possible
(obviously)

2.  I've seen some electrical connectors that appear to be more waterproof
than the kind on our IH

3.  What about filling all connections with dielectric silicon...

er...guessing....quick, somebody stop me quick before I make a fool of
myself...

ken