front clip removal

Ugh!! You Californians, you'll have to come across some real rust sometime.

>I believe my personal best(air tool assisted, of course) for this procedure
is about 2 hours,

You do want to remove the front clip as a big 3-piece unit.  The reason is
that there are a bunch of virtually invisible bolts holding the front of the
fenders to the front itself.  They're tucked in behind the headlights.  And
the only way I could get them off was to simply snap the bolts, as water is
always streaming in there.

So I guess I'm warning you to not decide to remove like a fender first..
you'll keep thinking you've un-attached it and you'll keep finding another
bolt.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA