Re: They're they go again!!

Ken:

> All in all, I'd say that the suppliers perform an extremely valuable
> function for the automakers.  They reduce costs, tend to encourage
standards
> (de facto if nothing else), and I think that they improve quality.

As a guy with a degree in micro economics, I can tell you the word that
planners use to sum this up:  "efficiency".

Supposedly, American companies learned to concentrate on thier "core
business" from the Japanese.

 - Do what you do best, and do it well.  Purchase what you need from
someone who makes it best.  Don't try to build everything yourself,
in-house. Don't try to be everything to everyone.

Tom H.