Re: Tom's Travelall...

jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:
>         That fitting (threaded hole?) is where the hot water valve goes to the
> heater core.  The valve works like the inline of a scout II, except for the
> facts that the TA and PU have a threaded right angle valve, instead of the
> inline hose nipple style.  I have not yet found one of these, and I'm planning
> to use a scout II version instead.

Hmmm.. heater was disconnected, and half of the AC is missing but... I
have a Scout II style in-line cable-valve on the heater lines.  I ran
one heater line to the thermostat housing, and the other ran to a port
near the water pump (same area).  That leaves the port (just a hose barb
fitting) on the 345 intake manifold (one of Landry's old intakes),
that's near the firewall, passenger side.

Factory manual (for Scouts) wasn't much help last night, and the 304 in
my '77 SII doesn't have a coolant fitting in this location.

I know it's coolant.. it was pouring steam out after a short drive
around the block and to the gas station. ;)

>         That cables that control this hot water valve, also control the AC
> thermostat.  Meaning, the same lever (HOT-COLD) has two cables and two functions
> even if you'r only using AC.
>         Confused,

YUK!  Yeah, confused... but, fortunately, that's not very high on "the
list".. I'd like it to not puke coolant out, and if the heater worked,
great..

I need to trace wires for the blower motor.  There are a handful of
fuses missing still.  A friend has the rest of my A/C system to re-fit..

The rear window is probably the next big thing to figure out.. followed
by a new rear gas tank - and working fuel gauges.

Rear window - a 2x4 was shoved inside the tailgate to hold the window
up.  The window "lift cables" are OFF of the arms, and the motor doesn't
make a peep with the switch on the dash.. I need to locate a T'all
service manual before long I guess..

Being able to load racer tires in the back, and camping gear would be a
nice feature.

I think I also need to talk to the guy I met that lives around the
corner.. and see about a 'cage for the T'all.. partly to make you
jealous, Joel, and party to make the T'all legal for drag racing.. (Why
not?) ;-)

Thanks,

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
Someday my T'all with have disc front brakes, AC, heat, on-board air,
more gas tanks, 1210 springs, maybe a rear Dana 60, and be set up to
TOW..