RTI, Ford F-350 SD

I was reading the Four Wheeler review of the F-350
V-10 super cab yesterday.  The article indicates that
the truck did a 465 ramp travel index.  It has a 142"
wheelbase.  As I understand it, the equation used is
(ramp distance/wheelbase)*1000
And I'm assuming a 20 degree ramp.  If my calculator
is working right, that says it went 66" up the ramp.
Seems kinda bad, I was able to drive my 1210 to the
top of the NWB ramp (100") last August.  Are these
new rigs really that stiff that that is all they can do?

Given the fuel economy (10.8 average) and the price
$33,825 as tested, I can spend lots of $ on my old
IHC.  Oh, yeah, I've also hauled more than 400lb more
than the F-350 payload, many times.

My Dad always said, a 3/4 ton IHC was equivalent to a
1 Ton Ford/Chevy/Dodge.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup