727s..

OK, I yanked the pump from my spare "core" 727... uh oh.

The back side of the pump has two gears that mesh together.. at least,
they USED to be gears.. two teeth are missing from the inside gear.  D'oh.

This same trans came with a torque converter.. with one "ear" broken off,
and still inside the pump.

I'm now taking a guess that my friend put this TC and trans into his race
Scout, goofed up the install like I did, then raced it hard before it blew.

I'm also hoping the "gear" inside MY pump (in the racer) isn't trashed.
I can't very well rebuild *this* pump and just swap it in.. I have to
take the one in there out and see if it's salvageable.

OR, I have two more 727s.. one is mated to a 304 and believed good.. of
course, the other one is in my Travelall, and I'd rather not go to
cannibalizing running rigs. ;-)

I'll call the trans shop tomorrow and see if I can get another at a
reasonable price.  *sigh*

I did hook up the exhaust on the Travelall tonight.  Now to flush the
lower rad hose, fill with coolant, and put the passenger side valve cover
back on..

-Tom
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout