Re: Ford vs Dexron

Allan:

I too had heard it was additives that affected the seals.  What I once saw
in a magazine was that Ford used "organic" seals and set up their trannies
for a "softer" shift.  GM & Chrysler (and I guess everyone else) was using
man-made seals and had their transmissions set for "crisper" shifts.  I
think the bottom line was that no harm would come from using Dexron in a
Ford but your Ford would shift harder.

I think Mort Schultz addressed this in one of his monthly columns in PM, a
long time ago.

Tom H.