Rag Joint Blues

Just when I thought that I would get the rag joint replaced tonight I
get a spanner thrown into the works. I got the old joint off easy
enough, cleaned thge grease off the steering box shaft with a rag, get
ready to put the new joint on, and it does not fit! So I compare it to
the old one and sure enough it is smaller. Check my packing list and it
says 3/4 rag joint, the box says 11/16. So I guess I deserve a bonehead
for not checking my order with the packing slip. Anyway I have a rebuilt
kit (disk with bolts and stud hardware) that I had picked up earlier
before I decided to just order the new joint. Unless I can figure out
how to rebuild the rag joint my Scout is out of comission untill at
least the middle of next week, so naturally I would now like to go that
route. Thus the question is how do you get the metal pins out of the rag
joint? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Nuenke

76 Scout II with no steering