Re: auxiliary heaters

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 07:25:50 -0700 "J. Grammer" <jkdaley@domain.elided>
writes:

>Actual IH option for most all the Scouts and trucks, light medium and
>heavy. I have an IH 'Neccessories' catalog(Binder Books) from the late
60's
>that shows a variety of different units. You could go about as crazy as
you
>wanted. In a Travelall, for instance, you could have a heater under all
3
>seats if you wanted! Imagine how much heater hose you'd need for a
complete
>refurb...;)

My definition of an "option" would not include parts IH sold through the
parts system as IH didn't install these, they just sold the pieces and
perhaps your dealer would install them.  The Necessories catalog was just
a catalog of fast-moving accessories.

If we call these an option, I guess you could say a 5 bottom plow was
also an IH option for your Scout since IH would sell you both.  :-)

As far as I've ever heard, I don't think the underseat heater was a
listed factory-installed option on the Scout, although it's possible they
might have been offered as special equipment for a particular order, etc.
 It certainly would have been a useful installation for cold climates.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts