auxiliary heaters, 'the right stuff'

>Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 23:46:08 -0500
>From: "Walter A. Evitts" <wevitts@domain.elided>
>Subject: Scout 80 heater.
>
>I have a 1962 Scout 80 that came from Montana. It has, what appears to be
>factory heater under the passenger seat. This self contained unit has it's
>own core and fan built right into the box. Two hoses run from the engine
>through the firewall and into this unit. Obvioulsy one is supply and the
>other return. The duct runs from this unit between the bucket seats into a
>3" Y connector and blows forward into the driver and passenger floorboards.
>This unit runs seperately from the other factory heater setup. Dual heaters
>really cook. Does anyone know if this was an actual IHC option? If this was
>aftermarket it was very well done.
>
>Walt

Actual IH option for most all the Scouts and trucks, light medium and
heavy. I have an IH 'Neccessories' catalog(Binder Books) from the late 60's
that shows a variety of different units. You could go about as crazy as you
wanted. In a Travelall, for instance, you could have a heater under all 3
seats if you wanted! Imagine how much heater hose you'd need for a complete
refurb...;)

Re: P-tex 'the right stuff' - tried it once, didn't like it one bit. If you
go there, I'd make sure the surfaces are spotlessly acetone/lacquer
thinner(both, in that order) clean and allow 2-3 days(depending on the
weather) for it to set up. My $.02....

Jim
Anybody looking for a '73 4x4 Travelette?