Re: Fiberglass vs Metal

Vinnie Moscaritolo wrote:

> My Scout was recently hit in an accident ;-(  (I can't get into

:-(

> about  repairs.  Since the frame was hammered, I am thinking about
> rebuilding a scout II from the ground up (with parts I salvage from
> my machine).

Good plan!

I haven't touched fiberglass yet, but...

Will your Scout see a lot of "minor" dings from trail damage?  I'm not
sure how well fiberglass likes trees..

If you use a 'glass tub, I think it's mandatory that a full rollcage be
installed and tied into the frame.

The 'glass tubs are not cheap.. and I doubt you save weight.  However,
it won't rust again.  In that case, do a good job on the frame, and
you're "set" for "life"

-Tom