Starter Woes

IH All,
I hate to post another starter problem thread, but........

I seem to have an intermittent problem that does not seem to be heat
related. At times when I turn the key, I see a large current draw on my amp
meter, and get no response from the starter. After turning the key a few
times, the starter will eventually turn over.

I have replaced the battery, starter, relay on the column, horn relay, and
battery cables in the last year. It seems to be a starter problem to me,
but I would like to get the collective thoughts of the IH starter problem
starting elite before replacing it.

Thanks in advance,
Yank

79 Scout II