Re: Gold Box

John,

<< If you can afford it, this is my choice also.  But if you need to save
money,
keep your gold box and spend some quality time cleaning all the electrical
connections of the bulkhead connector and the gold box pig tail.  Use silicone
grease in the connection to help prevent corrosion. >>

Just a few of my thoughts, FWTW. Maybe a lot of the Gold Box problems can be
traced to connector problems. I didn't touch my connectors, and the problem
disappeared with the Pertronix. Should the average car owner KNOW to clean
the bulkhead connectors? I certainly would never have thought of it before
finding the IHC digest.

When I bought my replacement Gold Box AND pickup from an IH vendor 4 years
ago, it cost about $120. I was told it was made by the same people who made
it for IH originally. Not much cheaper in my opinion. Both times, the units
would quit working when winter came and moisture was in the air. Maybe the
moisture in the air could affect the connectors. But, since I haven't touched
the connectors, and the Pertronix still hums along . . .

STeve - still pondering