5 speed service letter

I tried to post this last week, but it never made it, so here goes again...

I may be onto a trail of why the new replacement synchros don't fit
my T-34.  Last Friday, I stopped in at the local Navistar dealer,
explaining that the synchro did not fit.  So Lou, who has sold
parts since 1971, started checking into it.  He found a note, that
references service letter "SLF 77-21" when using synchro
P/N 238609R94 in a T-34 transmission.  Apparently, this synchro
is actually for the T-495, but it is the part that is now offered as a
service part; the original T-34 synchro is obsolete.  Lou thought
this letter would say that I need either a replacement 2nd gear,
or a replacement mainshaft.  The dealer only had letters back to 1980,
so he called California, but this one was missing from their files too.
He was supposed to call Fort Wayne on Tuesday, but must have forgot
he was not going to be working this week.

Any chance anyone here has access to SLF 77-21?  Howard? Eldon?
Earl C?

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup