Clutch problem

Hello guys and gals, I am new member to the list so I geuss I should give a
short bio about myself, My name is charles boyian from Rockland county NY. I
just bought a 1961 IH Scout 80 that I am in the process of putting back
togeather. So far most of the work has goan smooth but I can't for the life
of me get the clutch to work right. it strted right after I put a ne
transmission in. The clutch worked fine for the first few minutes then the
slave cylinder piston poped out. I took the slave cylinder out and after
looking it over I ordered a new one. when I installed the new one I noticed
that the pin between the slave cylinder and the clutch fork seemed not to be
long enough to engage the throw-out bearing. My question is what could be
wrong and the best possible way to fix it.

In Need
CB