Re: Final Interior Plans

Farmer wrote:
> I'm eager to take mine off.  The only time it was off was when the dishonest
> body guys took it off to make repairs.  And, they put it back on before I
> got there, so I never actually saw it off! |-(

Hmmm.. I don't know a THING about dishonest body guys... <grumble curse
spit>...

> sandblast it to get it off of rust.  But - I was planning on putting it in
> behind the kickplates, and *inside* the rear fenders via my speaker holes.

Were you also talking about inside the wheel wells?  Where the tires
are?

> well.  Hmmmm, maybe I need a drain hole first.  I could partially resolve
> this problem by spraying it, but it's too toxic for me to spray.

*THAT* toxic?

> > Bikini is cheap n' quick.. but your neck gets cold FAST at night!
>
> Yeah, especially if you take it up in the mountains.  But, what the heck,
> I'll probably start with that: everytime I see a Scout with almost no top I
> break into a big grin and my wife has to slap me.

I try to keep my soft-top down as much as possible.. but leave the
"bows" up.. just to show I *DO* have a top.. "neener neener neener" ;-)

I recommend a piece of 4'x3' plexiglass.. pick a size that's reasonable
in weight n' price.  Have two corners drilled *properly*.  Run a small
bolt through the holes.

When it gets cold at night, I would hang this in the rollbar.  Use some
rope - bungees wear out.  Just loop it from one end of the bolt up n'
over the rollbar and attach to the forward end.  As close to the 'bar as
you can.  REALLY REALLY cuts down on the back-of-neck chills.

Also keeps a good bit of rain out when that happens.  I used to just
tarp the back seat n' bed and toss some antifreeze jugs on the back seat
to keep the tarp down.  Worked well.

If you fold the rear seat down, the 4'x3' panel can be placed at an
angle and sloped across the back seat.. you end up with a sort of
"extended cab"..

-Tom "glad I have a full top now" Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout

Even more glad now that the garage is a big cluttered *shop* and the
Scout is too tall to hide in there in a rain storm anyhow..