800 questions

IHers,

Actually just a few questions. I spent some quality time with my 800 and we
now have a better understanding of each other. A little background is in
order. This one was sitting out in the desert for 7 years. It had 2 1/2 flat
tires, no fluids except WAY too much oil, and plug wires laying around the
engine compartment. Oh and it was FILLED with millions of little packrat
"gifts."

Will packrats eat electrical wiring? I did a tune up, put oil in each
cylinder, drained about 2 gallons of gas/oil from the oil pan, repaired the
condersor to coil wire and coolant temp sensor wire. I was able to easily
turn the engine over by turning the fan blades by hand. Went to try with the
ignition and nothing. So I stopped for the day.

Does anyone makes a more modern fuel pump? Or should I use the electric one
that I have sitting around. I'm certain the old one is the culprit for the
fuel in the oil pan. Or what about a rebuild kit?

More questions later.

Ken