Brakes, smoking wires, tranny and 4wheeling

Curt,

Did you check the length of the the rod between the master cylinder and the
vacuum booster? I had a low brake pedal after replacing the m/c and
adjusting the rod broght the pedal most of the way back to where it should
be.

Who had the smoking wires?

That may have been your fusible link fusing. Look around just under the
steering column at the electrical component of the ignition switch.

Dan and Ric,

Thanks, The ball bearing was the one that went in the detents. I was
suprises how easy it was to totally disassemble the tranny. Now all i need
to do is get another spare 727 so I can have a rebuilt spare sitting on the
shelf.

Everyone,

Spent Monday out in the Anza Borrego desert 4wheeling. Had a great time.
Wish you were there. Lots of time in 2x, some time in 4x and some in 4x lo.
A couple of narly drop offs, lots of sand, lots of washboard, 2 nudists.
Gonna try the dropoff but going up next time. The guys with the jeeps and
rovers were impressed with how well the Scout articulated and crawled up
stuff. Lots of rubbing though. Guess I better get those body mounts repaired
and some new bushings.

Ken