Bypass Hose

John Hofstetter wrote:

> Michael,
> You should replace all the hoses and belts, and don't skip replacing
> that little SOB by-pass hose.

Funny you should mention that, John.  The friend that donated his
ex-race Scout to me was up a week ago to get the 4bbl carb from his 345
for his EBronco.  He mentioned that he lost a couple motors to that
bypass hose.. in the middle of a race, the hose would blow and he
wouldn't notice (I guess at one point the temp gauge looked fine when
the motor seized.. but when he knocked the MUD out of the back of the
gauge, it very quickly sprung to "WAY TOO HOT")

It's a little hose, often overlooked, and can be a PITA to change..

-Tom