Re: WAH! I need help (what's new)

Mine used to backfire something awful.  Finally blew the muffler
completely up.  Nearly scared my son to death.

Turns out all the backfiring was the ignition system cutting out for a
very short periods.  Finally got to where the engine would just die, then
restart sometime later.  Cured the whole mess with a new distributor.  The
Prestolite that they used in my 79 was noted for failing like that.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776