Re: 4wd light, SSTC, other stuff

Howard R Pletcher wrote:

> On Fri, 28 May 1999 00:10:10 -0400 Jason Colavecchia
> <jasoncolavecchia@domain.elided> writes:
> >

> >I contemplated using the lockomatics.  I might use the Warn auto hubs
> >instead, though, as I have heard these tend to be much longer
> >lasting...
> >
> You've got me slightly confused--unless Warn has a new auto hub or
> something, the Lockomatics are the Warn auto hubs.  As far a being longer
> lasting, about all I can think of on the Lockomatics is to replace the
> friction shoes about every 100K.

> or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

hmmm...I thought they made another, auto-only hub....I was interested in
THAT, but the problem is that the automatics require stopping to engage
the t-case, as the front driveshafts are not spinning.  I felt that the
"viscous" coupling would let me leave it in 4WD without worrying about
locking, unlocking, stopping or otherwise.  In fact, I was contemplating
getting rid of the locking hub arrangement and replace them with drive
flanges for that particular application...