Air Shock Lift idea

Well, Ken F and I have discussed this a little, but I need some furtehr
input.  My '74 Wagonmaster has rear tires that are way too big and
scrape on the rear fender/wheelwells.  They are in good shape,
treadwise, and I hate to see them go to waste.  I went to a local chain
tonight to ask their advice, and they said that they thought air shocks
would give me enough movement to make these tires driveable.  Any
input?  They sell their generic version that thye claim will accomplish
this for $30.00/each.  At this rate, this would be the cheapest
alternative to do this.  The rear is already considerably higher than
the front, and I don't want to put any blocks or anything in the back.
If I get new tires, I tend to get something decent and would go ahead
and get four so that they are matched.  Thus, I am looking at a minimum
of $250.00 or so, and then Inhave these other tires that are left that
will not really go on anything I currently have.  I am trying to keep
this cheap so that i can sell the thing soon and not lose my tail on
it.  With the orientation of these shocks-one front/one rear of the
axle, will the air shock thing work.  Rear one seems to be a much lower
angle than the other, thus, need a different sized shock?

Thanks!

Michael