Re: Front Motor Mount

Travelalls have only one motor mount (besides bolting
>to the bellhousing) in the very front of the engine. It bolts to a
>crossbeam. What would be the plusses/minuses in using this instead of
>the scout II mounts.

I don't know about your situation, but in my 800 project (I'm putting a 345
in place of a 196) the 345 I got came out of a school bus and had the
one-piece front mount.  Using this mount and mounting to the crossmember,
would have made the engine sit up way too high.  The side mounts lowers the
engine six or seven inches, so thatit sits more down inside the frame,
rather than above it.

David Willmon
Voice 409/875-3140  Fax 409/8875-3100
dwillmo@domain.elided