Re: I guess the 'gas' guys were right?

The aliens commander decided Russel DeArman <russde_93@domain.elided> would
make a perfect specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>  I guess I should get another rebuild kit tonight and
>take another shot at the carb, or maybe I can reuse
>the gaskets that are there? They are only about two
>weeks old, what do you guys think?

Russ,

I'd go ahead and carefully disassemble the carb to do a little exploratory
surgery before buying another rebuild kit.  It's very likely the gaskets
will be fine.  I'd pay specific attention for blocked passageways or jets,
misplaced gaskets or missing check valves, etc.  Did you soak the carb in
chem-dip and then blow dry with compressed air?  Cleaning is of utmost
importance during a carb rebuild.  You may simply have some crud blocking a
vent or passageway that compressed air could take care of.

If you find something missing or broken... *then* maybe you might need
another rebuild kit.  I rebuilt a carb from a 79 Toyota Corolla I once had
an mistakenly installed one tiny weighted check valve retainer upside down
and the engine almost hardly ran above idle.  I had a hell of a time
realizing what I did... took me taking apart the carb twice more before I
figured it out.  Boy did I learn my lesson... attention to detail is
everything in carb rebuilding.  The tiniest details and dimensions do
matter.

Good luck,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |"I don't care if you think it's your right.
Conservative Libertarian        | I say: Sorry, it's 1999. We have had
Life Member of the NRA          | enough as a nation. You are not allowed
WA Arms Collectors              | to own a gun, and if you do own a gun
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | I think you should go to prison.
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |        -- Talk-show host Rosie O'Donnell