Re: distributor madness

On Sun, 16 May 1999, JIMMY CONWAY wrote:

> For the love of Atilla the Hun,  someone please post wire positions on
> the dist cap starting from a specific point.  appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

As near as I can tell...

#1 points directly at the vertical pipe on the water pump (the "bypass"
hose or the "elbow" of rad hose).

At least, on my '72 304 in my Scout it's like that, and I think the same
on my '72 Travelall 392.

From there, work clockwise and read the numbers cast into the intake
manifold (between the water pump and the carb).

Note that #1 cylinder is driver's side, forward (grille), #2 is passenger
forward.  #8 is the passenger rear (firewall), #7 is the driver's rear.

-Tom