On the dist cap:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Let's get oriented:  Facing the vehicle from the front, looking rearward.

#1 is the terminal is perhaps just a bit to the right of the front-most hold
down screw.  The other screw is 180 deg away! #1 term also appears to be the
"front most"  terminal.  The rotor turns clockwise.  The very next terminal is
#8, and carrying on: 4,3,6,5,7,2.  Ok, now you've got the cap wired!  Do you
need the plugs id'd too?  Just in case:

The row of plugs on your right are, from front to back, 1,3,5,7 (odd #'s), the
row of plugs on the left are, from front to back, 2,4,6,8.

I'm sure SOMEONE (Binder Bulletin, jweed, et al?) has a nice pict of this. I'm
miserable at ASCII art, sorry! I hope this helps.

Also, I'm curious if the 3 major IHC V8's have the same firing order & plug ID
scheme.

It's a very small way to express my repentance for posting "Rosie".  Sorry!
Besides I promised John L I'd try to help someone else someday if I could. It's
the IH way! ;-)

Lemme know one way or another if this works for you.

Peace,

--Pete
--

pferris AT webzone DOT net