Re: Pre-Installation Lubrication

On 01:53 on 05/16/99,  Owen took the time to write:

: I've heard of Vaseline or grease in the oil pump to get oil sucked up there
: as soon as possible. I don't use Vaseline in the oil pump, because I prime
: it just before cranking up.

Good point.  I plan on doing this.  Though since the manual calls for a coating
of motor oil, I'll probably go that far. It may be a few weeks before the
rebuilt pump gets installed and/or it may be a few months before the motor is
cranked. I wonder if motor oil would drain out/off the pump.  But as you say, I
may pre-prime the works with the drill technique.

: Your mileage may vary. This is just what I''ve accumulated from other folks.
: With today's materials quality, you could probably get away with nothing.

Objects in mirror are closer than they may appear! ;-)

: We're all big boys (and girls!). We really don't need moderation of the news
: group. Just pause on the "reply-all". Heck, we're IHC owners. We're reliable
: to rise to the occasion by definition!

*Excellent* summation!

Have a good weekeend,

--Pete
--