Re: Topless questions

Ken,

I've come up with three solutions (all untested of course). They all require
space. One is to use a jack stand setup like they use to take campers off of
trucks. second is to put on a roof rack or tie down hooks on the top and use
a hoisting mechanism to lift the top off. Third is to make a clamping
hoisting setup to take the top off.

The fact is, that taking off a full size top is a PITA. It's the same thing
for older Blazer owners. It's probably why most owners put on the soft top
and never put the hardtop back on. Once I get me a commuter car I will
probably leave my hardtop off all the time, and drive the commuter when cold
weather arrive.

One thing you need to know. If you leave the top where cats and other small
animals can get to it, the headliner and insulation get ripped up. They like
to crawl up in between the headline/insulation and the top shell itself to
keep warm. This happened to me. YMMV

Hope this helps

STeve