major ignition problem (well at least it is to me!)

I have a 1972 IH Scout II when i bought it the ignition was locked and i dont
have a key for it. so i went to an auto parts store and got a '72 chevy
ignition. i got the steering wheel off easy, used a lock plate tool and got
it off, then i can't figure out how to get the ignition out. i took the whole
steering column apart and unhooked everything but i cant find a release clip
or anything to get the ignition out. what do i have to do?
Thanks,
   Matt Cason