RE: Triangle articulation

Likewise Chef Dan wrote:
>   The most rubbing I got out of Ugly with 31's was at articulation
>and/or turns at articulation. Any time I got the rubber pointing out of
>the fenders. I have some articulation pictures of Ugly after the lift
>that I need to get scanned, maybe in a week or two I'll get them up.

That's exactly when it does it:  usually when coming out of a very steep
driveway & turning at the same time.  Otherwise, when going straight ahead
they stuff almost perfectly into the wells.

The funny this is that when you look at my scout, it almost looks like the
tires are too small - there's a ton of space between the tire & fender.
Especially compared to all the pathfinders around town running 31" tires
with 2-3" of space!

> I put my Scout on the ramp at NWBRU, and it didn't rub.. but I can
> disconnect the anti sway bar and back up a moderately steep incline and
> turn the wheels (oh, like, if you wanted to make a tight 3-pt turn around
> on a trail with a hill on the side) and BRRRPPPPP on the fender lip every
> time.  Scary the first time you hear that!
>
> > While I was there I picked up the ramp numbers:
> >   front: 580
> >   rear:  480
>
> Rear meaing going up backwards?

Yep

> He had a set of rear YJ flares that are going on his CJ7.. I borrwed them
> momentarily to put 'em against my Scout's fenders..

Sounds like a sharp way to go.  But, I don't have the heart to cut my
fenders - they are rust-free.  Hmmm, but if I went that way I could probably
run 33" tires, and when they occasionally rubbed, it wouldn't be a big deal!
Nah. ;-)

Ken