Re: Empty float bowl

The aliens commander decided Binder <binder@domain.elided> would make a
perfect specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>John L: Do you think the local ("Acme Brand No Name Tools 'R Us"  tool
>house) dial guage will work for my purposes (probably).  Snap-On (my

Yes.

>preferred vendor) is too expensive right now...  I don't want a $175 one  if
>a $50 one will get me in the same ballpark! Have to check pawn shops and see
>if I can find one CHEAP! Still have the JPEG's of yours!

For what you're working on and the few times you'll ever use it, a Chinese
made $10.00 dial indicator from Harbor-Frieght along with a $15.00 deluxe
magnetic stand would be perfect.  I use both expensive (Starrett, Mitutoyo,
etc. and cheap measuring instruments, and quite frankly there's not enough
difference in them to justify buying the expensive ones for occasional home
shop use.  The inexpensive "General" brand measuring tools are also an
excellent value for the price.  That's what I was using in the picture you
have.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT