Analysis of my tranny swap

Howard, IHers,
  It seems that I have worked out all of the major bugs in my swap, so I fgured I'd write a somewhat detailed and drawn out explaination of what worked and what didn't.
  In the beginning, my '80 Scout II was a Nissan deisel T19 close Dana 300.  The PO owned a '74 SII with 345 TF727 sigle speed tc also, since it was on the show room floor.  The New England winters had their way with the '74, and the Desiel never ran quite right, but held up to Kentucky's worst winters (like a mild Spring up here).  So he swapped the drive train from the '74 into the '80.
  Then I bought it.  It ran good for a while, but I don't think the PO ever ran it much over 40 mph, and once I started driving it on the highways to work, little things started happening.  The second to last straw was the trip to Dan's in NJ.  I barely made it home with the thing running like crap.  An extensive tune up, and I was roling again for a few weeks.  Then X-mas night it happened again.
  The following week, I saw an ad in the want ads for a 345 for sale.  So I figured this was my chance.  I bought the 304 (the guy didn't know) with a column shift 3 speed out of a late sixties 1100 pu.
  To recap, I have the original T19/D300 with a deisel bell housing, a 304 with a three speed hanging off it, and a dead 345 with a tf727/single speed tc in the truck.  I wanted a 4 speed and the D300.  The 304 ran, the clutch and bellhousing looked good.  The first difference was that the three speed has a different bolt pattern than the T19.  The two top holes were the same.  the other two I need for the T19 were cast into the bellhousing, just not drilled through.  The aluminum drilled easily.  At this point, it would have made way too much sense to look at the linkages and setup on my '77 and make them match up.  So I didn't do it.  I had to get the pivot ball bracket for the linkage relay and the rest of the linkage for a SII manual tranny mated to either a 196 or a V8.  None of the 6 cyl stuff will work.  The throw out bearing cross shaft is what threw me off the most.  The deisel shaft is very similar to the gas SII shaft, but definately different.  The truck/t'all shaft is totally different. The throw out bearing, cltch disk, pressure plate, and bellhousing were all the same from the 1100 to my '77 (my point of reference, now).  The tranny mount from auto to T19 was a little different.  The auto has an offset and its taller.  The T19 bolts directly over the crossmember on the mount bushing.  I had to use a spare D20 shifter for the D300.  Since it was in a deisel, It was shaped to offset its position in the truck.  My spare had been on a 727/D20 in my Traveler.  It works fine.  The tranny shifter could be heated and bent for a more ergonomical fit.  I still need to get some aluminum diamond plate to make a tranny tunnel cover.
  I think that's everything.....I want to thank everyone who helped, especially Howard for the help in finding parts that I would have had to probably fabricate.  Ahh, it only took four monthes!!! (DOH!)
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20