80/800 rust, throttle cables

> Boy I hope this guy cuts the scout loose - the body at least is in
remarkable shape, but then it >seems that the 80's-800's seem to weather
better than the Scout II's.

Sorry, but I have to differ with that...IMHO/IME 80's and 800's are very
susceptible to rust in quite a few well hidden places....rocker boxes, fuel
tank compartments, lower rear corners, and the cowl section just above the
fresh air vent passages to name a few. The '63 80 I have was the most rust
free I've ever seen, which is why I paid $$ for it(that and the P/lock 44
rear, just rebuilt tranny, and the 'factory prototype' listing on the line
set).

Re: throttle cable tech tip

If you have a throttle cable ass'y that uses the metal tab/tube setup at
the firewall mount, sooner or later the 'swage' that holds the tube in the
tab will work loose. Throttle action will pull the tune through the tab,
and you will lose the ability to reach WOT. Next time yer under the hood,
grab a real small hose clamp(too small for a worm gear style, I used 'home
appliance style') and snug it up around the tube right next to the tab. A
little failsafe preventative...

Jim
That dang 4x4 loadstar bucket truck keeps dropping in $$  ;)