gas tank cleaning - eastwood stuff

Hey all:

The project for this weekend is to clean and sela the front gas tank of
the Travelall. I have it out and it has a lite coat of surface rust
(this junk was siphoned via the blown o-rings in the switch from the old
rear tank -- now replaced). The rust seems to flake off pretty easy
where I can reach it.

I just received the kit from Eastwood ( rust remover, cleaner, and
coating ). I just want to run my plans by you all. I am hoping for some
good advice/criticism of my proposed procedure.

-Throw lots of bolts in with the rust remover and shake the tank like
heck for a half hour (I may strap it to a big dowel and spin it).

- Drain all the crud out. Making sure to remove the bolts.

- fill with metal wash and shake around for another 15 minutes

- drain and clean with lots of water till it run clear

- let dry THOROUGHLY (luckily in Tucson this shouldn't be too hard)

- Fill with the gas tank sealer and rotate on all axes

- Let dry and reinstall.

I am concerned about all those little tubes that come out of the tank (4
or so) for the vapor recovery system. They seem to hit a baffle not too
far in. Will these get clogged up in the process or is the sealer thin
enough so this won't be a problem. How much of the saler should I use? I
can't remember but I think the front tank is 11 gallons (I'm sure
someone can give me the correct number). I have 2 pints of the sealer
and I was thinking of using 1 and a half.

Peace,
Eric

--
Eric Hegstrom                          .~.
Senior Software Engineer               /V\