Towing

I suspect UHaul is just trying to keep from having another trailer bent up
by someone towing more than their vehicle can handle.  I will never tow
anything remotely close to the gross weight of my towing vehicle again.  I
learned the hard way.  Fortunately it didn't cost me.  I was towing a Toyota
PU on a double axle 16-foot flatbed trailer with another Toyota PU. I wasn't
running 70 mph either, probably 50, when a tire on the back axle of the
trailer blew.  That trailer started fishtailing, couldn't control it, then
it came all the way around and took over.  We went down the ditch backwards
for a long ways.  Thank God for a big wide low ditch.  The PU on the trailer
was boomed down, so it stayed put.  It definitely changed my approach to
towing.

David Willmon
Voice 409/875-3140  Fax 409/8875-3100
dwillmo@domain.elided