From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: ihc-digest V6 #804
Date: Thu, May 6, 1999, 12:46 PM

Ok IHers,

I know this has been discussed extensively before, but of course I
wasn't
planning to tow a Scout then so I didn't really pay attention.
I'm thinking about trailering  a '65 Scout 80 4x4 to Utah in a couple
of
weeks. I'd like to use my '96 F250 Extended Cab as the tow vehicle.
UHaul
says the heaviest weight I can tow with that vehicle is 3650 lb.  Does
anyone
know what a Scout 80 weighs?  I guess I could go to a recycling yard
and pay
them a few buck to weigh it but it would be easier if someone already
had
that information.
I know I have the option of using a tow dolly but I'd prefer to have
all 4
wheels off the ground just to be safe. I don't want to get to Utah and
have
burned out rear axle bearings to deal with.

Thanks,

Roy Ireland
'65 Scout 80