Re: Think Different

Joe,

In 1993 Littleton High School got kudos in the liberal press for a new
class they were offering.  I can't remember the exact title but one line
in the syllabus stuck with me.  "Demystifying religous superstition
surrounding death"   They may have reaped what they sowed.  Has happened
frequently in human history.  Ever hear of the law of unintended
consequences.

Also, several studies have been done on children raised in day care
instead of by their mothers.  The results have been really scary!  What
happens is that babies /small children need a single person in their lives
who will hold them etc. etc.  In daycare mom isn't there, she's at work.

The kids are held quite a bit less than by mom if she stays at home.  We
cna't afford to hire someone to pay attention to each kid all day.  There
just isn't enough money.

The upshot of this is that the kids don't form lasting relationships with
people very well.  They tend to think of people in the same terms as I
might regard furniture.  The consequences might be....

Personally I found this really scary.

Send the flames to:

      stegmann@domain.elided

Lets not wipe out the Digest with this one.

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776