Re: 250 tow rating

>Roy,
>Just an observation, actually a question.  Regardless of what U-Haul
>says, I have 4 or 5 buddies who haul outfits in the neighborhood of 8
>or 9K lbs. with their 250's. Is the limitation the drive-train on your
>250, the tow setup on your 250, or could it be the limitation that
>U-Haul puts on their car trailer?
>John Hofstetter
>----------
U Haul is run by a herd of flaming jerks!

You hadda be there either of the times I wanted to rent a 6x12 two axle
enclosed trailer to pull behind my 1300 4x4!! Calling them to reserve such
a trailer in SF was the funniest event. The clown tried to tell me that
only Ford and Chevy had built trucks heavy enough to pull that trailer.

Told him that if he happened to have one of the listed Chebbies available
in his yard, he could chain it's hitch to whatever he thought was stout
enough, and I would bet him the price of the trailer rental that I could
pull on the Chebby's front end hard enough (no jerking allowed) to make it
need a trip to a frame shop, if not hard enough to total it!

No bet taken, but he rented me the trailer!--And his eyes got a little big
when he met the 1300. Think he figgered he wudda lost the bet once he saw
the truck!! (Made sure to put it in deep under (145:1 overall) to back
under the trailer from 40 feet away, just to make sure he fully
understood.)

Regards, Greg