Re: Towing questions - again

I don't know the weight, but when you goto U-haul, tell them you have an
early bronco, as they won't sell for a scout

Joe

On Thu, 6 May 1999 14:43:33 EDT RLIRELAND@domain.elided writes:
>Ok IHers,
>
>I know this has been discussed extensively before, but of course I
>wasn't
>planning to tow a Scout then so I didn't really pay attention.
>I'm thinking about trailering  a '65 Scout 80 4x4 to Utah in a couple
>of
>weeks. I'd like to use my '96 F250 Extended Cab as the tow vehicle.
>UHaul
>says the heaviest weight I can tow with that vehicle is 3650 lb.  Does
>anyone
>know what a Scout 80 weighs?  I guess I could go to a recycling yard
>and pay
>them a few buck to weigh it but it would be easier if someone already
>had
>that information.
>I know I have the option of using a tow dolly but I'd prefer to have
>all 4
>wheels off the ground just to be safe. I don't want to get to Utah and
>have
>burned out rear axle bearings to deal with.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Roy Ireland
>'65 Scout 80
>Tucson, AZ
>rlireland@domain.elided

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)
josad76@domain.elided, ICQ #25751950, homepage
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/index.html, Scout Page
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/scoutf.html PGP public key
avadiable upon request

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]