Scout Find!

Yee ha -- finally, I've found an 800 that could kick some @ss...

Over the weekend in Mississippi, I met a fellow with a small junkyard and
race engine shop.  The first vehicle in line in front of his shop was a
light metallic blue Scout 800 Aristocrat.  After talking with the
proprietor for a couple hours, swatting approximately 478 mosquitoes
(maybe more) and removing the ticks that decided to 'visit' me, I asked
him about the Scout.  I liked what I heard -- $700 takes it!

The grilles place this 800 indicate it's from somewhere in the 1969-1971
range.  The paint looks original and is in great shape.  It has a full top
with sliding windows (standard for an Aristocrat?), original interior
including F&R seats and an immaculate dash pad, a *beefy* winch bumper,
huge tires and -- get this -- a 345 under the hood!  Droooooolllll....

Now for the bad stuff: some trim parts missing, a couple of dented fenders
(driver side front & rear), no lift to accomodate the huge tires and,
worst of all, the 345 conversion isn't complete yet.  And it's been
sitting for quite a while, so who knows what's not working anymore.  Oh,
did I mention this beast is 5.5 hours away from me?

<sigh> Does anybody wanna buy a good Postal Scout so I can afford this
gem?  :-)

Alan