synchro problem solved (soon)

Well, I should have my problem with the 5 speed synchro solved soon.
I giving up on the aftermarket synchros and getting an NOS IHC original
P/N 238609R94, to the tune of $161.58.  It will be in at the IH dealer
in Tacoma next Wednesday.

It turns out that the synchro for the T-34/5/6 (and 495/6) are virtually
the same as that in a Clark, NP, and some other trannys.  The aftermarket
units are not "EXACTLY" the same dimensionally, and the units I got,
"Perfection" brand, were too tall, resulting in no clearance between
the synchro stop rings and the cones/gears.  My lack of manual tranny
rebuilding experience resulted in burning up the first one I installed.
I'm returning the second one, which I used to figure out just what
caused the first one to fry.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup