Re: flacky pretronix !

Of course it has nothing to do with _when_ the coil fires, but if it's
to far off won't the rotor be out of whack with the right spot on the
cap.

I guess what I'm saying:

Let's assume TDC timing. No matter how we look at it the rotor is going
to be pointed the same direction at TDC no matter where the sensor is
placed. Is this correct. If not then just stop now ;)

So  we have to rotate the distributor(and cap) to get whatever device to
trigger when the rotor is in this position.

But if the triggers (pertronix, points, optical etc) are in different
locations then the rotor will be in different locations when the coil
fires. If the rotor is to far out of whack from the cap won't this miss
the the little nub on the cap that feeds the spark to the right plug?
(What's that nub called anyway?)

It seems to me that the geometry of the sensor placement on the
distributor is also important (though it just has to be close).

Where have I messed up in my thinking?

Peace,
Eric

--
Eric Hegstrom                          .~.
Senior Software Engineer               /V\