Re: flacky pretronix !

The aliens commander decided Eric Hegstrom <ehegstrom@domain.elided>
would make a perfect specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>After changing them out I had to
>rotate my distributor a good amount (maybe 20degrees) ccw to get back to
>TDC timing. This seems very strange

Eric,

This is actually quite normal when you think about it.  The exact placement
of the sensor inside the Pertronix module and the exact positioning of the
magnets over the cam inside the distributor dictate when the coil will be
grounded (and the spark plugs fired).  This positioning is naturally going
to be different than with the breaker-points.  Nothing to worry about.

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT