Re: electric car dieing?

Tom,

See the message I just posted.  Don't get your hopes up even if it is
legislated.  Chrysler told the carb that they would have to put a
surcharge of several thousand on each car sold in CA to pay the cost of
the electric vehicles since the EV's were to be sold, by law, for a
comparaable cost to gas vehicles.  Dump fools!!!!!  And I stand by that
comment!

I can give you numbers to back this up.

Even if we allow that the batteries could store usefull amounts of power,
be reasonably efficient (nobody talks about battery efficiency).  It still
wouldn't work.  Simple engineering will kill it.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776