Re: Howard's viscious tongue lashing, and my poor memory <vbg>.

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:14:07 -0500 "Eppinger.Michael"
<Eppinger.Michael@domain.elided> writes:

>> You've been around Scouts long enough you should recognize an
RA-18--Dana
>> 44 open diff.
>	[Eppinger.Michael]  <head hung in shame> your right, I should
have
>recognized this.  But in all fairness, wouldn't the scout axles be
differant
>widths than the truck axles?  But they used the same code on both?  I
wonder
>if there are any travelalls running around with narrow scout axles
<grin>

Actually, the answer to your question is almost yes--there is a pickup
that was built using a Scout rear axle and it's a really strange looking
truck.  The predecessor to the C-900 pickup which was the "El Cheapo"
pickup with a 4-152, 3 speed, and a 6' box was a C-99 pickup, built at
Chatham and sold only in Canada for a year or two.  This actually used
the Scout rear axle which was noticibly narrower than the front and had a
slab-sided bonus load box that looked quite crude.  I think it was a
home-brew job much like the Wagonmaster's origin.

This is one of the few vehicles that I can think of that Crismon didn't
include in his book, but then there probably wasn't any info on it in the
archives for him to see.  There is/was a restored one at Southland
International in Lethbridge, AB for anyone who wants to go see one.

You aren't part Canadian by chance?

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]