Re: flacky pertronics?

Eric Hegstrom wrote:
> Well it's a stock coil (borg-warner E30P). I guess it's low resistance 'cause
> you have to use an external ballast resistor like the OEM. I guess the lesson
> is RTFM. They should have made it a little more complicated to install then I

Er.. how about.. "NOT use a low resistance coil and leave out the
ballast resistor"

Basically, you want a "setup" that you could use with points.  I was
warning against an MSD Blaster hi-po type coil.. the Pertronix (and
points) need the resistance.. either directly in the coil, or with the
ballast resistor.

If you left the resistor in place, you should've been fine...