flacky pertronics?

Has anybody had a pretronics go bad. I hope mine has. A couple of weeks
ago I swapped out the points with a pertronics, put in a new coil and
new 8mm wires. As well as swapping on a factory rebuild Holley 2300. Now
I'm been getting a weird miss when running under load with a hot engine.
It feels like a miss (could possibly be fuel starvation). I've swapped
the coil back - still bad. I swapped the wires back -- still bad. I
confirmed that I was getting fuel (at least while stationary - good
pressure, good volume). I guess I could pull the carb off but I really
doubt that is it since the "miss" is so intermittant and I can't tie it
to any specific rpm or throttle position (but when it does occur it is
often around 2200 RPM. I guess I should always stick with my old
philosophy of changing ONE thing at a time! Well I guess as soon as I
get a chance I will have to screw with those darn points again -- I
refuse to take another camping trip in the Saturn! I hope they figure a
way to save social security. It's still 30 years off for me but I think
I am going to be using it to buy parts for this Travelall!

Oh yea, if nothing fixes it, I am hooking up a dwell meter in the cab to
confirm I've got a consistent spark -- maybe I'll make it permanent.
Anyone in Tucson have one I can borrow? I swear I'll give it back ;)

Cheers,
Eric

'72 T'All 1110 304A 4x4
(but I had a dream last night that I owned a Scout 80 -- I'm scared -- I
may buy again)
--
Eric Hegstrom                          .~.
Senior Software Engineer               /V\