Re: Component ID's Need quick replys if possible

My info says a T-24 is a Warner Gear T-98 three speed on the column.

After wire spoke wheels came steel disc wheels and cast wheels--the wheel
type has nothing to do with the brakes.  The 11x3 front brakes also says
it's not discs.

You've been around Scouts long enough you should recognize an RA-18--Dana
44 open diff.

I think you're looking at a 69-73 1000/1010 series--torsion bar
independent front suspension, disc brakes, RA-18.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:34:02 -0500 "Eppinger.Michael"
<Eppinger.Michael@domain.elided> writes:
>IH all,
>I just got back from looking at a IH pick up truck, or what's left of
>it.  I
>pulled the line setting ticket out of the glove box (or what was left
>of it,
>after the field mice got to it), but need some help.  What is a T-24
>transmission?  It is a manual one, but which one?  The ticket says FT
>DISC
>WHEELS 15X550K, I assumed this meant that it had front disc brakes
>which
>means it is a '74 or '75 (I could not look to tell as the thorn
>covered
>vines, about an inch in diameter had taken over most of the front of
>the
>truck), but also on the ticket it says 11x3 front brake group, and
>11x2 1/4
>RR brake group, which leads me to believe it is drums all the way
>around.
>Also it calls out a RA18 Single Rear Axle, which one is this? (3.54
>gears).
>It is 2 wd, but has some kind of independant front suspension with a
>sway
>bar, not the straight axle.  Does this make it a 74 - 75 year model?
>The
>ticket also list it as having a 6 1/2 bed, but it is no longer there.
>
>The other thing I noticed, was the frame seemed like it was boxed, and
>also
>wider (the width of the individual rails, not the frame overall)  If I
>remember right, my 75 2wd T'all is a c channel frame.  Am I missing
>something here?
>
>Any info, or inputs would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Epp

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]