Hubs

Damon,

I just did this a few weekend back.  Your process is good. I had the
inner bearing on one side stay on the spindle. Had to coax it off.
With a pry bar. New bearings and seals.

Didn't get as far as the u joints as I was out of time. I don't know
the true specs for torque. This is what I did as far as tightening
things down:

Big socket and tighten down to about 40-50 lbs. back off slightly.
Check for no binding/no play. I have the round nut with set screws.
Put it on, tighten down. A little tighter with punch. Set the set
screws. Check again for play/binding. None? Done!

I'll be checking this in a few weeks to make sure nothing got loose. I
replaced a bad bearing, but the wheel bearings were very loose and the
axle nut and jam nut were both loose. Contributing factor? Or cause?
Don't know.

Ken